Tips For Choosing an Effective Job Search Site
There are loads of online job search sites available. The key to successful job hunting is to know the right sites to apply in. Short listing the effective job search websites is an important exercise which most of us under value. Uploading your resume anywhere and everywhere is not going to help. You don’t want to make an online presence; you want to get jobs matching your criteria. And targeting them through the right websites is the first step.
Here are a few pointers you should keep in mind while choosing an effective job search site.
1. Give importance to the site popularity. Register yourself with not just the top ranking but also the fastest growing job search portal. The higher the traffic, the more you are going to get noticed.
2. Choose an integrated job posting site which gathers postings from various job search engines and company websites. You can get all information in one place and hence save time and energy.
3. Give importance to the resume uploading facility. Ensure that the process is easy, instant and safe.
4. Lay emphasis on the search process. Does it allow you to search jobs via various parameters such as industry, location, years of experience, level of job etc? Ensure that the job search process is easy and precise.
5. Check the site not just as a job seeker but also as a recruiter. After all, it’s the recruiters you need to appeal to. It is important to judge the appeal of the job search site to the recruiters also.